Friday, January 24, 2014

the skits tonight

The week or so before Christmas I somehow contracted a stomach virus. And I've basically been sick ever since.

I've had a cold. And then allergies. And now a viral bronchial type fun thing that refuses to go the fuck on.

I'm not normally this sickly. I'm usually quite proud of my immune system. But not now. Now I need to review the tapes and find out what went wrong and then shape up in those areas. Make sure the entire team is on board and maybe yell really loudly when I'm interviewed and get called a thug because of it.

Mostly I'm just really damned tired. Like right now I'd love nothing more than to curl up under my desk and take a nice nap. That would be grand.

But I have shit to do and life to live. Blah blah.

Other than that? My life is as mundane as it gets. It's just me and my puppy and my cat. Doing what we do. While mired in phlegm.

This morning I went for my mammogram and I posted about it on Facebook. And then I suddenly started thinking about how when I first started blogging I was in my early thirties and how I did a funny observations on all of it type blog and was witty and funny and then I was the divorced lady blogger and how now I'm "Andrea in her early 40s" with the whole boobie smashing talk and whathaveyous. It didn't lead to any epiphanies or anything other than me seeing how I've changed as I've aged. In ways I may not have been aware of until this morning. The cycle of life happens whether we notice it or not.

I'm Andrea in her early 40s, y'all. Things are going to get mild.

1 comment: