Tuesday, February 4, 2014

...couldn't keep. linger on...

I recently bought an antenna for my TV and I can now watch the news and some shows when they air and all of that. I find it annoying, really. All the commercials and noise? Ugh. I'm spoiled by Netflix and HuluPlus, I guess.

But last night I watched the latest episode of "How I Met Your Mother" even though I was two episodes behind. I'm a rebel that way.

I realized that I'm Ted fucking Mosby and I totally have a Robin balloon lingering in my life. I'm not holding on to it, but it is there. Bouncing around the ceiling in a corner, unable to just break free.

It made me incredibly sad.

It didn't linger, the sad. But it was there and I cried a wee bit but then I shook it off. Mostly. I mean, I am here writing about it.

I guess I'm just not as moved on and adjusted to things as I think I am. But I'm getting there. One day I'll open a window and the balloon will bounce along the ceiling until it catches a nice air draft and off it will go into the big blue sky.

And if not I'll just pop it with a pin and that'll be that...

1 comment:

  1. I'm here if you need to chat. This week has been dumb as far as email goes because I'm only working til noon but you know where to find me. xo

    ReplyDelete